Course seeker - Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions are subject to occasional changes and apply to all our services that are directly or indirectly provided (i.e. via third parties) via the internet, on mobile devices, by email or by telephone.
2. By using our website, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to these terms and conditions.
3. For some courses, users have the possibility of signing up for the selected course through a direct connection to the course provider sites (third parties). As a result, the course purchases and signups will be made directly on the course provider (third parties) site and not on the Course Detective site. In such cases, Course Detective is not the course provider or the contractual party for the user, but only an aggregator providing the technical connection to the course provider site of (a third party). By signing up for a course on the website of the third party, users agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of that provider site, which can be found on the third-party website. These terms and conditions can be viewed on the website of the third party. Once a course sign-up is made with on the website of a third party, the contract is concluded between Course Detective and the user. and therefore no contract is concluded between the user and Course Detective.
4. This agreement is not affected by any other agreements between the course providers and users.
5.2. Course Detective collects, processes and uses your personal data (hereafter “data”) only if we have obtained your consent or a statutory provision allows for the collection, processing or use of your data.
5.3. Course Detective will only raise, process and use data necessary for the provision of the services rendered by Course Detective and its subsidiaries, for the use and operation of the websites / apps and the services offered.
6. Course Detective reserves the right to terminate a user’s access and to delete their registration if required. The user may also terminate their own access and registration. The right to immediate termination for good cause remains unaffected.
7.1. Course Detective is not liable for the accuracy, quality, completeness, reliability or credibility of content provided by users and/or course provider sites. In particular, there is no advice or information from Course Detective regarding the selection of accommodations.
7.1. All agreements that arise through this service are between the Course Detective user and the respective external course provider site. In particular, Course Detective does not act as course creator or course provider at any time. The terms and conditions of the respective course provider (third party) apply exclusively, especially regarding the right to cancel enrolments/subscriptions and to withdraw. The contact for the processing of course purchases and payments, as well as questions about the contract, is the respective course provider site. Course Detective remains uninvolved in such contractual arrangements, agreements and claims between the Course Detective user and the respective external course provider site
7.3. Course Detective does not verify the accuracy of content uploaded by course provider or the members of the Community. This content is provided by course provider sites/Community for publication on our website with reference to the respective courses and category. Course Detective has no influence on this information (in particular images, comments, price, reviews, etc.).
7.2. Course Detective is not liable for technical malfunctions for which the cause is not within Course Detective’s sphere of responsibility or for damages caused by force majeure. Course Detective does not guarantee uninterrupted availability of data and may perform technical maintenance during a freely chosen time period. Any issue related to course post sign up or purchase needs to be directly resolved by the course provider (third party) from which the course has been purchase.
7.3. Course Detective does not hire or employ any Instructors nor is responsible or liable for any interactions involved between the Instructors and the user who purchase an Instructor's Course via Course Detective’s services. Course Detective is not responsible for disputes, claims, losses, injuries, or damage of any kind that might arise out of or relate to conduct of Instructors or user, including, but not limited to, any user's reliance upon any information provided by an Instructor.
8. The current Terms and Conditions when using Course Detective apply. Registered users receive notifications about changes by email. Users may download and print the current terms and conditions on their own computer system..
Training provider - Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Application and entire Agreement
1. These Terms and Conditions apply to the provisions of services detailed in our quotation (Services) by Course Detective a company registered in England and Wales under number 12618949 whose registered office us at PO Box 2433, Wrexham LL11 0QB (we or us or Service Provider) to the person buying the services (you or Customer).
2. You are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions when you accept our quotation or from the date of any performance of the Services (whichever happens earlier) and the Terms and Conditions and our quotation (the Contract) are the entire agreement between us.
3. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by or on our behalf. The Conditions apply to the Contract to the exclusion of any other terms that you try to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course dealing.
4. A “business day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday in England and Wales.
5. The headings in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and do not affect their interpretation.
6. Words imparting the singular number shall include the plural and vice-versa.
7. We warrant that we will use reasonable care and skill in our performance of the Service which will comply with the quotation, including any specification in all material respects. We can make any changes to the Services which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement, and we will notify you if this is necessary.
8. We will use our reasonable endeavours to complete the performance of the Service within the time agreed or as set out in the quotation; however, time shall not be of the essence in the performance of our obligations.
9. All of these Terms and Conditions apply to the supply of any goods as well as Services unless we specify otherwise.
10. You must obtain any permissions, consents, licences or otherwise that we need and must give us access to any and all relevant information, materials, properties and any other matters which we need to provide the Services.
11. If you do not comply with clause 10, we can terminate the Services.
12. We are not liable for any delay or failure to provide Services if this is caused by your failure to comply with the provisions of this section (Your obligations).
13. The fees (Fees) for the Services are set out in the quotation, and in some cases, quotations shall supersede the following:
a. cost of course provided up to £99 - £8 for a warm lead
b. cost of course provided £100- £599 - £16 for a warm lead
c. cost of course provided £600- £999 - £32 for a warm lead
d. cost of course provided £1000 plus - £48 for a warm lead
1. Please see Pricing Policy under separate cover. Pricing Policy may be obtained via the website or by emailing email@example.com
2. The fees (Fees) for the Services may be set out in a quotation, and in some cases, quotations may differ from the pricing policy.
3. All fees are inclusive of VAT and other taxes or levies which are imposed or charged by any competent authority.
14. The fees are inclusive of VAT and other taxes or levies which are imposed or charged by any competent authority.
Cancellation and amendment
15. We can withdraw, cancel or amend a quotation if it has not been accepted by you, or if the Services have not started (unless the quotation has been withdrawn).
Course seekers may choose to finance studies through our Credit Broker “Kandoo”. The course seeker and Kandoo will enter a contract; Course Detective and the course provider(s) accept no responsibility for the financial activities thereafter.
If after the “cooling off period” the course seeker/student is discontented with the service /course provided it is the responsibility of the course provider to rectify any reasonable issues in a timely manner. It is expected for any course provider to have legally compliant complaints procedures, which are easily accessible to course seekers/students.
Borrowing to cover the cost of course fees will have no affect on the course seeker/student’s ability to access further borrowing for alternative requirements so long as they reach the lenders’ criteria.
An administration fee will be payable by the course seeker, for any course seeker/student obtaining a loan from Kandoo payable upon receipt of an invoice from Course Detective.
16. Either we or you can cancel an order for any reason prior to your acceptance (or rejection) of the quotation.
17. If you want to amend any detail of the Services, you must tell us in writing as soon as possible. We will use reasonable endeavours to make any required changes and additional costs will be included in the Fees and invoiced to you.
18. If, due to circumstances beyond our control, including those set out in the clause below (Circumstances beyond a party’s control), we must make any change in the Service s or how they are provided, we will notify you immediately. We will use reasonable endeavours to keep any such changes to a minimum.
19. We will invoice you for payment of the Fees either:
a. when we have completed the Services; or
b. on the invoice dates set out in the quotation.
20. You must pay our Fees within 28 days of the date of the date of our invoice or otherwise in accordance with any credit terms agreed between us.
21. Without limiting any other right or remedy we have for statutory interest, if you do not pay within the period set out above, we will charge you interest at the rate of 8% per annum above the base lending rate of the Bank of England from time to time on the amount outstanding until payment is received in full.
22. All payment due under these Terms and Conditions must be made in full without any deduction or withholding except as required by law and neither of us can assert any credit, set-off or counterclaim against the other in order to justify withholding payment of any such amount in whole or in part.
23. If you do not pay within the period set out above, we can suspend any further provision of the Services and cancel any future services which have been ordered by, or otherwise arranged with, you.
24. Receipts for payment will be issued by us only at your request.
25. All payment must be made in British Pounds unless otherwise agreed in writing between us.
26. We can terminate the provision of the Services immediately if you:
a. commit a material breach of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions; or
b. fail to pay any amount due under the Contract on the due date for payment; or
c. are or become or, in our reasonable opinion, are about to become, the subject of a bankruptcy order or take advantage of any other statutory provision for the relief of insolvent debtor; or
d. enter into a voluntary arrangement under Part 1 of the Insolvency Act 1986, or any other scheme or arrangement is made with its creditors; or
e. convene any meeting of your creditors, enter into voluntary or compulsory liquidation, have a receiver, manager, administrator to administrative receiver appointed in respect of your assets or undertakings or any part of them, any documents files with the court for the appointment of an administrator in respect of you, notice of intention to appoint an administrator is given by you or any of your directors or by qualifying floating charge holder (as defined in para. 14 of Schedule B1 of the Insolvency Act 1986), a resolution is passed, or petition presented to any court for your winding up or for the granting of an administration order in respect of you, or any proceedings are commenced in relating to your insolvency or possible insolvency.
27. We reserve all copyright and any other intellectual property rights which may subsist in any goods supplied in connection with the provisions of the Services. We reserve the right to take any appropriate actions to restrain or prevent the infringement of such intellectual property rights.
Liability and indemnity
28. Our liability under these Terms and Conditions, and in breach of statutory duty, and in tort or misrepresentation or otherwise, shall be limited as set out in this section.
29. The total amount of our liability is limited to the total amount of Fees payable by you under the Contract.
30. We are not liable (whether caused by our employees, agents or otherwise) in connection with our provision of any of our other obligations under these Terms and Conditions or the quotation for:
a. any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs or expenses or;
b. any loss of profits, loss of anticipated profits; loss of business; loss of data; loss of reputation or goodwill; business interruption; or, third part claims; or
c. any failure to perform any of our obligations if such delay or failure is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control; or
d. any losses caused directly or indirectly by any failure or your breach in relation to your obligations; or
e. any losses arising directly or indirectly from the choice of Services and how they will meet your requirements or your use of the Services or any goods supplied in connection with the Services.
31. Nothing in the Terms and Conditions shall limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other matters for which it would be unlawful to exclude or limit liability.
32. When supplying the Services to the Customer, the Service Provider may gain access to and or acquire the ability to transfer, store or process personal data of employees of the Customer.
33. The parties agree that where such processing of personal data takes place, the Customer shall be “data controller” and the Service Provider shall be “data processor” as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as may be amended, extended and/or re-enacted from time to time.
34. For the avoidance of doubt, “Personal Data”, “Processing”, “Data Controller”, “Data Processor”, and “Data Subject” shall have the same meaning in GDPR.
35. The Service Provider shall only Process Personal Data to the extent reasonably required to enable it to supply the Services as mentioned in these Terms and Conditions or as requested by and agreed with the Customer, shall not retain any Personal Data longer than necessary for the Processing and refrain from Processing and Personal Data for its own, or any third party’s purposes.
36. The Service Provider shall not disclose Personal Data to any third parties other than employees, directors, agents, sub-contractors or advisors on a strict ‘need-to-know’ basis and only under the same (or more extensive) conditions set out in these Terms and Conditions or to the extent required by applicable legislation and regulations.
37. The Service Provider shall implement and maintain technical and organisational security measures as are required to protect Personal Data Processed by the Service Provider on behalf of the Customer.
38. Further information about the Service Provider’s approach to data protection are specified in its Data Protection Policy, which can be obtained by contacting the Service Provider directly – firstname.lastname@example.org
Circumstance beyond a party’s control
39. Neither of us is liable for any failure or delay in performing our obligations where such failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond the reasonable control of that party. Such causes include, but are not limited to: industrial action, civil unrest, fire, flood, storms, earthquakes, act of terrorism, acts of war, medical pandemic actions, governmental action or any other event that is beyond the control of the party in question. If the delay continues for a period of 90 days, either of us may terminate or cancel the Services to be carried out under these Terms and Conditions.
40. All notices under these Terms and Conditions must be in writing and signed by, or on behalf of, the party giving notice (or a duly authorised officer of that party).
41. Notices shall be deemed to have been duly given:
a. when delivered, if delivered by courier or other messenger (including registered mail) during normal business hours of the recipient;
b. when sent, if transmitted by email and a return receipt is generated; or
c. on the fifth business day following mailing, if mailed by national ordinary mail; or
d. on the tenth business day following mailing. If mailed by airmail.
42. All notices under these Terms and Conditions must be addressed to the most recent address or email address notified to the other party.
43. No delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy nor stop further exercise of any other right, or remedy.
44. If one or more of these Terms and Conditions is found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that/those provisions will be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions (which will remain valid and enforceable).
Law and jurisdiction
45. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and al disputed arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.